Sunday, February 4, 2007

my fucking truck



i have been driving the same 4 cylinder son'a'bitchin truck for 6 years, bought it very used; it was/is my first vehicle. it is not very well. it is like the old green and yellow john deere tractor your grandpa has almost buried under the grass in his back 40: it runs like a champ if you can only get the muther fucker started. before noon today, i had to jump my s.o.b'ing truck 3 times. 5 times before i was settled in for the night, with canadian mist and soda water nonetheless (also your grandfather's drink). luckily, the other day i bought an emergency battery starter from walmart ($34.99). i blame the truck 85%, i blame the weather 15% (it is -9 degrees now, and we have the fortunate chance of a high at -1 tomorrow, superbowl sunday). thank god for apartments with heat included.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just kinda stumbled on this site, looks like a good "release" site just kind of a stupid thought but has anyone heard the sone "I Love" by Tom T Hall? probably my favorite song to sing to my little girl.

I have no idea why I felt the need to post this right now, probably the vicodine and 3 homebrews, since we're being honest here I have actually never song that song to my little girl. She wont sit still long enough to listen all she wants to do is hit my guitar with what ever she has in her hand at the time, witch by the way I dont love. But in a perfect jimmy stewart world I would love for her to sit and listen to me sing that song

I know

Anonymous said...

its so weird being honest about our frustration with things we love. it feels good, though, just to put it up somewhere.

Anonymous said...

feb 6 haiku

not ready for bed
just 'colts' highlights on tv
sure wish I was drunk

Anonymous said...

2/21/07 haiku

just put in a chew
wishing I were in Marquette
I miss you brother